Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Lucy's Lab: The Colossal Fossil Fiasco

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Book Review - Lucy's Lab: The Colossal Fossil Fiasco

Lucy's Lab: The Colossal Fossil Fiasco



About the Book
Lucy accidentally overhears her parents talking about the family getting a second pet. But what pet should they get?

At school, Lucy’s class is learning about fossils and the plants and animals that left them behind.

One afternoon, Lucy finds a special rock, and Miss Flippo gets very excited! But when Lucy’s precious fossil goes missing, everyone in Room 2C is a suspect. . . .


My Take on the Book
This was a fun series that incorporates STEM concepts into a fun story that will draw you in and make you ask for more. This was the third book in the series, however, even though I had not read the first 2 books I did not feel that I was lost. My 10 year old daughter and I read this together and we really appreciated the story and the characters. In this book you do get two main plot lines, getting a new pet and having to deal with people that may try and take credit for the work that you do. The book does a great job at incorporating STEM concepts into the story itself. You will learn about proper research and other science concepts throughout the book. The author also uses science vocabulary to allow for kids to get better acquainted to words in the STEM field. By the end of reading this book my daughter and I had already had a number of great conversations about what was happening in the book and what it meant for her and for the character. The book incorporates humor with fact and being the chapters are short kids stay engaged at an earlier age. All-in-all this is a great book to share with your kids. If you have not yet read this or any of the other books in this series, I highly recommend them!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: