Dad of Divas' Reviews: Taking Math To A New Level With The Casio: PRIZM fx-CG50

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Taking Math To A New Level With The Casio: PRIZM fx-CG50


 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg


About the Casio: PRIZM fx-CG50
Move beyond black and white to see math in full color! The Casio: PRIZM fx-CG50 is a revolutionary graphing calculator with patent-pending features that will enhance understanding of even the most complex mathematics. PRIZM allows for a new way to learn math by enabling students to experiment with concepts utilizing real-life images. This leads to the creation of their own mathematical understanding relationships by creating graphs on their own.


The Casio fx-CG50 PRIZM offers

advanced features of a next-generation graphing calculator, the fx-CG50 PRIZMTM will support students and educators through middle school and high school and into college. With Natural Textbook Display and an intuitive icon-based menu, students will find the PRIZMTM incredibly easy to use and its brand-new 3D Graph Drawing and improved catalog function allows for greater engagement and real-life application in the mathematics classroom.

Key Features:
  • Natural Textbook Display
  • High-resolution LCD display with over 65,000 colors
  • Casio “Picture Plot” technology – infusing real-life images into math
  • Color Link and Conditional Formatting for graphs, charts, and spreadsheets
  • Capable of graphing X= relations
  • Built-in graphing of conic sections
  • Streamlined solving for intercepts, intersections, etc.
  • Easily calculate values for given independent/dependent values
  • Interactive Equation Solver
  • Ability to edit previous entries
  • Statistics regressions and graphical displays
  • Statistics Residual Calculations
  • Numeric differentiation and integration
  • Recursive sequences
  • Matrix operations and inverses
  • Data-collection compatible (with separate EA-200 device)
  • Spacious 3.17” LCD screen with over 82,000 pixels
  • Direct-connect to compatible projectors
  • USB-to-computer connectivity
  • Not a Computer Algebra System (C.A.S.)
  • Permitted on all major exams
  • MSRP: $119.99







My Take on the Casio: PRIZM fx-CG50
The Casio: PRIZM fx-CG50 simply blew my mind. After using this I had to say that I wished that I had such a calculator when I was in high school myself. By far this is the most advanced calculator that I have ever used. That being said though this calculator is made to be able to be used by people of all walks of life.

In reading through everything on this one of the things that really sets this apart is that it is running on a 32-bit SH-4 RISC processor which by far is the fastest that I have seen. The calculator has the graphing capability which again is a plus. Having said this, I have to put in a plug that being someone that had used the old TI-84, the controls and ease of using the graphing capabilities on this were far easier and more flexible than the TI-84!

You get some explanations for the many functions of this extensive calculator within the packaging itself, but I found a ton of great instruction through online videos that are available too. There is even a short guided tour within the device that will help you get started!

While I have not gone too far into these capabilities yet, I know that the math that will come in the future for my daughters will definitely necessitate this great calculator and I am so glad that I found it for myself!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: