Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011

Monday, July 20, 2015

Book Review - I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011

I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg



About the Book
The next book in the New York Times bestselling I Survived series will place readers right in the middle of the deadly Joplin Tornado of 2011.

The 2011 Joplin tornado was a catastrophic tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri in 2011. It was part of a larger tornado outbreak in the spring of that year and reached a maximum width of nearly 1 mile during its path through the southern part of the city, killing 158 people, injuring over 1,000 and caused damages amounting to a total of $2.8 billion, making it the costliest single tornado in U.S. history. Lauren will bring her signature intensity to this distinctly American natural disaster, placing a young boy in the middle of one of the deadliest tornado to strike the United States since 1947.



My Take on the Book
This was another great book in the "I Survived" series of books. I was really impressed with the amount of detail in this book and the author does an amazing job at re-creating the atmosphere and events of the night the tornadoes hit Joplin. The book was fast paced and intense and will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. My eldest daughter has read every one of these books and when we received this, she was through it in only a few hours, which is a great sign of overall quality writing in my and my daughters' perspectives..



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: