Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Curious Cat Spy Club by Linda Joy Singleton

Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Review - The Curious Cat Spy Club by Linda Joy Singleton

The Curious Cat Spy Club by Linda Joy Singleton
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
No one at school knows that Kelsey, Becca, and Leo are secretly friends. They have nothing in common--until they rescue three kittens and form a club to help animals through volunteering, spying, and solving mysteries. In the first book of this series, Kelsey helps catch a runaway zorse (horse + zebra) with the help of another girl from school named Becca. The two are walking home when they happen upon a litter of kittens trapped in a dumpster and Leo Polanski is the only person around who can help get them out. The three unlikely friends decide to work together to help solve animal crimes with their secret club!



My Take on the Book
I had never read any of Linda Joy Singleton's works in the past but after reading this I can see why so many people online so many positive things. This was very well written, with great characters and a plot that engages and intrigues you. With a bit of fantasy with reality you have fun with the story as you are reading it, and I found that I did not want to put the book down.

I read this with my oldest daughter who is ten and she absolutely loved it. As a parent, I love finding stories that have characters that my daughters can relate to that are written in an age-appropriate way and the author definitely delivered in that regard. I would say that though I read this with my 10 year old, I would bet that my six year old would also love this too, especially with all of the animals that are in the book itself.

All-in-all this was a great book for the whole family with strong female characters and a writing style that will keep you from beginning to end!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Linda Joy Singleton said...

Thank you for the lovely review of my book. I had hoped that young readers and parents would both enjoy the mystery, and your comments made me very happy. Thank you very much!

Linda Joy Singleton