Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Season 1, Volume 1

Friday, October 10, 2014

DVD Review - Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Season 1, Volume 1

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Season 1, Volume 1

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the DVD
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL is the fourth series of the fan-favorite global franchise. The Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series originated from the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga series created by Kazuki Takahashi. The Japanese collectible trading card game, developed and distributed by Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., has sold more than 25 billion cards. The game and television series feature a strategic play that incorporates a combination of monsters, spells and traps to defeat opponents, and is acknowledged by the Guinness World Records™ as the best-selling trading card game of all time. A long-running success on TV throughout the world, Yu-Gi-Oh! has aired domestically and internationally in more than 65 countries over the past 14 years.


My Take on the DVD
For anyone that watched the original series of Yu-Gi-Oh, you will love this new season of this newer series. While the series ran from 2008-2013, this is a series I really did not know much about. In watching this with my kids I thought it was great. There is some great action throughout, dueling definitely, but also good characters and actors that develop their characters too. I could tell that you definitely do need to watch this series in order as the plot is complex and anyone that just tried to jump in mid season might be a bit confused. However, if you do start from the beginning you will definitely be drawn in and I, for one, was kept engaged throughout this DVD and so were my kids. Now my kids are asking for more, so it is off to try and find additional DVDs to watch together in the future!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: