Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad / Fun & Fancy Free

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blu-ray Review - Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad / Fun & Fancy Free

Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad / Fun & Fancy Free

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg


About the Movie
Experience two classic Disney masterpieces, THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD and FUN AND FANCY FREE, together for the very first time on Blu-ray(TM). Enjoy Disney animation's humorous retelling of two unforgettable classics, THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW and THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS, wonderfully narrated by Basil Rathbone and Bing Crosby, which come together in one magnificent adventure. Then have some fun with Mickey, Donald and Goofy in FUN AND FANCY FREE, as Jiminy Cricket brings to life the timeless tales of BONGO and MICKEY AND THE BEANSTALK. This was the last animated feature starring Walt Disney as the voice of Mickey Mouse. These classic films follow Disney's tradition of combining great storytelling, unforgettable characters, music and adventure to create fun you can share with the whole family. Includes Disney bonus cartoon classic, THE RELUCTANT DRAGON -- only on Blu-ray!




My Take on the Movie
These are two great Disney short movies that are fun, but have have relatively not known by all in the past, so I was glad to see them re-released for a whole new generation! In watching these I have to say that for me the story of Ichabod was my favorite as a child and is still my favorite today. I love the story, the music and the animation. This is one that I think will be a Halloween classic for years to come now that I have it in my Disney movie library! The other movies/shorts on this were also fun. My kids are always fans of Mickey so they loved seeing him in something new and they had never experienced the Wind in the Willows before either so now, not only do we have a good movie, but in telling them about the book, they now want to read the book too! As always Disney has done it right and I love that they put all these together in one collection!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: