Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Lead Positive: What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say, and Do

Friday, February 28, 2014

Book Review - Lead Positive: What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say, and Do

Lead Positive: What Highly Effective Leaders See, Say, and Do
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
How to implement effective, magnetic leadership by applying asset-based thinking and shifting your mindset from the negative to the positive Lead Positive takes the fundamentals of Asset-Based Thinking (ABT) and turns them into a playbook for successful leadership. ABT is a simple mindset management process that shows people how to make small shifts in perception and thinking to achieve great results. Cramer shows leaders how to apply ABT to shift their attention away from what is negative and learn to intentionally shine the spotlight on the positive, beneficial facts of a situation. As they make this mental shift from negative to positive aspects, they improve their optimism, empathy, and confidence. When their mindset zooms in on what is strong, valuable, and possible, what they say and do is far more likely to inspire others to action. In short, ABT helps leaders shift internally so they can excel externally. Lead Positive weaves neuroscience and positive psychology to create effective leadership strategies.


My Take on the Book
What a powerful book on leadership! I read leadership related books often to inform my work with students (in my professional life), and for me I am always looking for books that have a great balance of practical and theoretical and which provide tangible steps for people to follow and this book provided all of this.

I loved the Asset-Based Thinking model and could easily see how personally I could implement this on a daily basis with my own staffs which for me provides the perfect tableau for stepping forward and jumping right in.

I particularly liked the positive undertone to the training that you are going through while reading this. You feel uplifted and I can see why others that report to you would as well.

This was a well written book with great resources that you can implement immediately!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: