Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-Ray Review - The 300 Spartans

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blu-Ray Review - The 300 Spartans

The 300 Spartans
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Movie
For the first time on Blu-ray comes The 300 Spartans, the iconic action classic about the epic 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae! Richard Egan stars as Spartan King Leonidas, who commands a small band of fearless Greek warriors in their defense of the civilized world’s last bastion of freedom. Impossibly out-numbered by the marauding forces of the totalitarian Persian Empire, these brave heroes will take no prisoners and never surrender—even unto death!



My Take on the Movie
I had never seen this movie before, but am always open for a good military movie especially one that has a historical background to it. The movie itself was well portrayed, and while some of the acting in the movie was a bit weak, it was still enjoyable.Knowing some of the history surrounding this storyline, I know that they took some liberty with the overall story itself, but that being said, what movie doesn't. I really liked Richard Egan as King Leonidas, as he truly embodied his character and was a bit bigger than life.  All-in-all there were some overall acting issues that would make me not consider this a five, but I would definitely give it a high four for its entertainment value.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: