Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - My Best Friend & Me: Ruby & Molly

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Book Review - My Best Friend & Me: Ruby & Molly

My Best Friend & Me: Ruby & Molly
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Vivid retro-style design ensures that the adorable My Best Friend & Me board books are great to look at, but it's the special added feature that really makes them stand out. Each one includes a super-cute animal finger puppet that interacts with every page! Children will want to hear the story of Ruby and her sheep Molly over and over again as the two friends spend every season together. And little ones will be thrilled as the friendly plush sheep comes to life with the help of their own or an older reader's finger.



My Take on the Book
The board book story was created for very young children. It tells a story of a young girl, Ruby , and her sheep , Molly. The book has a whole through it in which Molly sticks through from the back. Thus Molly becomes a finger puppet. I am sure this concept will delight a small child listening to the story.

The story describes activities Ruby and Molly are involved in through each of these seasons. The story shows how important Molly's wool is to Ruby and to Molly. To me, the story will give the parent opportunities to discuss the changing seasons in the story but also in the life of the child listening to the story. Discussing the weather, the clothes worn, the activities that are done outside, sights, smells, sounds, etc.

This book is one of 7 in the series of MY BEST FRIEND AND ME. I believe your young child will want to hear this story many times.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: