Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Here I Am

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Book Review - Here I Am

Here I Am
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Newly arrived from their faraway homeland, a boy and his family enter into the lights, noise, and traffic of a busy American city. The language is unfamiliar. Food, habits, games, and gestures are puzzling. They boy clings tightly to his special keepsake from home and wonders how he will find his way. How will he once again become the happy, confident kid he used to be? Walk in his shoes as he takes the first tentative steps toward discovering joy in his new world.


My Take on the Book
HERE I AM is a true picture book. There is no written text. I am sure Patti Kim "wrote " a text for the story so that Sonia Sanchez could interpret the story with her sensitive and thought provoking illustrations.

As the "reader" you will see on the main character: worry, anger, anxiety, sadness, and confusion. Then you will see a change in the main character about half way through the story. You will see the emotions change to an acceptance of his life in this new country. The "reader" will see laughter, happiness, companionship, and peace or contentment.

This story should produce a deluge of conversation for you and your child as you "read" each page. Enjoy a new experience in "reading " a book in a different way.



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: