Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The French Quarter Drinking Companion

Monday, September 30, 2013

Book Review - The French Quarter Drinking Companion

The French Quarter Drinking Companion
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Pull up a stool and join the Tipplers, three long-time friends and writers, as they sip their way through the best drinking neighborhood in America, New Orleans' French Quarter. Hot spots and cool cocktails fill the pages of this essential guide to 100 Vieux Carre bars. From sophisticated saloons to dilapidated dives, The French Quarter Drinking Companion is your accomplice to swizzling and strolling through the country's most eclectic neighborhood.

With wisdom born from years of enthusiastic imbibing, this guide (un)covers what you're wearing, hearing, spending, and--of course--ordering. Go-cup in hand, follow the Tipplers as they gather at the most known and iconic bars, such as Pat O'Brien's, Napoleon House, and Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, through Bourbon Street music clubs to LGBT taprooms, highbrow establishments and hipster hangouts.

Each pub is profiled like you've never seen before, with in-the-moment anecdotes that move beyond ordinary guides to capture the flavor of each establishment and its colorful patrons, revealing why drinking remains an essential part of the French Quarter's identity.




My Take on the Book
I am taking a trip to New Orleans in 2014 so I thought this book would give me some great insight into some of the local establishments that I will find on my trip and I was not disappointed. This was a very complete book that gives you so much to consider about all of the local drinking establishments in the area. No matter whether you are looking for iconic or subtle, you will find everything in this book. I loved how each bio was set up and provided so you really could set the places side by side and find the ones that really meet your needs and interests. The guide is also small and portable which makes it something you can easily take on the fly. All-in-all this was a great guide that has definitely opened my eyes to places that I should be seeing and I have already started my list!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: