Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - The League of Incredible Vegetables

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DVD Review - The League of Incredible Vegetables

About the DVD
VeggieTales: The League of Incredible Vegetables is the fourth title in a series of DVD releases that stars the popular “LarryBoy” character. The DVD also introduces four new superheroes played by beloved VeggieTales characters Bob the Tomato, Petunia Rhubarb, Junior Asparagus and Mr. Lunt, all with hilarious superhero abilities. In addition to engaging bonus features, the DVD contains fun music fit for families, and an all-new Silly Song, “Supper Hero.”

DVD Synopsis
It was a bright and sunny day in Bumblyburg until Dr. Flurry came to town. This chillin' villain wants to freeze the entire city in fear! This job is too big for LarryBoy to handle alone, so he turns to "The League of Incredible Vegetables" for help! Thingamabob (Bob the Tomato), S-Cape (Mr. Lunt), Vogue (Petunia Rhubarb) and Ricochet (Junior Asparagus) are up for the task, but find that their own fears could land them in Dr. Flurry's deep freeze! Will they remember to turn to the One who is bigger than all their fears before the whole town ends up on ice? Find out in this heroic new VeggieTales episode with a lesson in handling fear!


My Take on the DVD

I was lucky enough to be able to view a early copy of this new addition to the veggie tale series and I have to say that I, and my family, we're excited to be able to do this. We've been fans of veggie tales for quite some time and have seen, I believe, all of the videos/DVDs that have come on the market in the last few years. My kids particularly like Larry boy, and in this DVD Larry Boy along with all of his friends get to be superheroes, which for my girls was even better.

As a parent, I truly appreciate and enjoy the message that the veggie tale videos are sharing with kids today. The message of faith and trust in God is one that I want to install my own kids and this DVD, as well as all of the DVDs in the series, do a wonderful job at presenting spirituality without it being too intrusive, instead making it fun.

While learning about God and what God does for them, viewers also get to experience some very catchy music that will stay not only in your mind letting your kids' minds too. My kids are still singing some of the songs even though we don't have the DVD playing.

All-in-all, I have to say that this was another great addition to the whole veggie tales line of movies. Whether you are already a fan, or this is your first video, I know that you will be impressed!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: