Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blu-ray Review - The Odd Life of Timothy Green


About the Movie
Disney brings enchantment home with The Odd Life Of Timothy Green, an inspiring, magical story for the whole family starring Jennifer Garner. Cindy (Garner) and Jim Green are a happily married couple who can't wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like. When young Timothy shows up on their doorstep one stormy night, Cindy and Jim - and their small town of Stanleyville - learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life's greatest gifts. From Academy Awardr-nominated director/writer Peter Hedges (About A Boy, Best Adapted Screenplay, 2002; Dan In Real Life; What's Eating Gilbert Grape?), it's a heartwarming celebration of family as only Disney can deliver.

My Take on the Movie
My family are HUGE Disney fans, and though there have been some films that we have been luke warm to, most have been great in our eyes. I did not get the chance to see this movie when it was out in the theater so I was excited to see this. My wife on the other had had reservations as she had heard various things about the movie, some positive and some not as positive. Going into the film, I had a good feeling, while she was a bit more indifferent. You quickly see that this movie is a bit fantastical, but there is nothing wrong with that. I know numerous people that have wanted to become biological parents only to be disappointed when they find that they are not able to do this, and you truly feel for the Green family and what they are going through. All-in-all, without giving too much away, the movie is definitely family friendly and a downright fun movie for all and I would highly recommend it!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: