Dad of Divas' Reviews: Ooma Telo - The Perfect Technology for the Money Saving Person

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ooma Telo - The Perfect Technology for the Money Saving Person

What is Ooma Telo?
It’s a sleek device that you buy once for $199 that lets you make free, crystal-clear calls anywhere in the U.S. over the Internet. Ooma was ranked as the #1 home phone service in the U.S. by Consumer Reports last year. Instead of being nickeled and dimed by traditional phone service providers, you can save hundreds of dollars each year. Once you own the hardware, you're looking at practically free phone service for as long as you own it.

Here are some more highlights:

  • All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and your existing home phone. Set-up is fast and easy. Most people are up and calling in less than 15 minutes. (Ooma does sell handsets)
  • Based on an average phone bill of $40/month, the Ooma Telo pays for itself in six months, and then customers can save more than $600 in just two years and nearly $2,000 in five years.
  • Ooma delivers “savings without sacrifice” with its crystal-clear call quality for richer, more natural sounding conversations, thanks to its Ooma PureVoice HD Technology
  • Optional Ooma Premier service ($9.99/mo) provides lots of advanced features like a second phone line, three-way conferencing, call forwarding, free calls to Canada and much more.
  • There’s an optional Wi-Fi adapter ($49.99) so you can place Ooma Telo anywhere in the home; it provides a wireless bridge to connect devices like gaming consoles to home network
  • The Ooma Telo is available at more than 400 retailers and online destinations, including Best Buy, Costco, Sears and Amazon, in addition to Ooma.com.


My Take on Ooma
I am the type of person that is always looking for a deal, and when it comes to my phone service, I seem that I am always paying more and more even though I have bundled my phone, internet and cable, I still find that I am paying quite a bit, so when I heard about Ooma, I was excited to see what it had to offer What I was most impressed with was how much this could save me overall, if what it had to say was true.

First, I have to say that in setting this up I was impressed to find how easy this was to setup and I was also excited to find that I was able to keep my existing phone number. It only took a few minutes to set up the system. Beyond this, it took a little while for my home number to be ported, but after that I was ready to go!

The bigger test was the quality of the sound for the phone. In setting this up and starting the service I found that the service and sound were very strong and of high quality. I actually did not notice much of a difference at all. As I continued to use this, I found that the service was reliable as well.

All-in-all I have been impressed thus far. I have not received a bill yet but I do not foresee there being anything new that will arise in the time between now and the receipt of the first bill. With that being said I have to say that I highly recommend this to one and all, especially if you are looking for a great deal for your phone service.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We’ve had Ooma now for 90 days so far so good. People we talk to have no idea that we are on a VOIP instead of a landline. It's the perfect replacement for the landline.

Noah