Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - My Year of Living Fearlessly

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Book Review - My Year of Living Fearlessly

About the Book
Based on the popular blog "The Year of Living Fearlessly," Amber Karlins' book, entitled My Year of Living Fearlessly, chronicles Amber's attempt to regain her sense of adventure and remove the limitations fear had placed on her life. In an effort to claim a bigger, more exciting life, she decided to spend an entire year facing the things that scared and intimidated her the most. Over the course of fifty-two weeks, she found herself in fifty-two anxiety-riddled situations, including a stand-up comedy competition,a bug tornado, a fire-eating competition, and a night spent alone in a haunted hotel. The result is a hilarious series of misadventures, heart palpitations, and triumphs that not only remind her of who she is but also what we can accomplish when we stop allowing fear and insecurities to define who we are and dictate what we can and cannot do.

My Take on the Book
This book was so much more than I expected. I knew that the book would be an honest tale of adventure and experiences, but I was surprised to find that there were so many funny circumstances that came up as well within the story. Also, I loved how open and honest the author was as she lays out all of the experiences in such a way that allows you as the reader to live the experience. You can see the sighs and heard the sounds, all you have to do is keep reading for the story to come alive. This story also made me think of the things that I would place on a list to tackle if I was to live in a similar way. I truly envy the author for setting aside her fear and conquering the obstacles (real or perceived) that lay ahead of her, and I hope that this will only continue as she grows older. I highly recommend this book to all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews? Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed!
Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: