Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Twice Upon a Time: Rapunzel, the One With all the Hair

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Book Review - Twice Upon a Time: Rapunzel, the One With all the Hair

About the Book
There are two sides to every story -- even fairy tales. A he said/she said series with a prince and princess twist.

Rapunzel is having the ultimate bad day. She's been stolen from home by an evil witch, locked in an incredibly high tower, and doesn't even have a decent brush for her hair. Prince Benjamin is in a pretty uncomfortable situation himself. His father wants him to be more kingly, his mother wants him to never leave her sight, and his cousin wants to get him into as much trouble as possible. Plus, there's the little matter of prearranged marriages. . . . Both Rapunzel and Prince Benjamin are trapped--in very different ways. It's only when their paths cross, that things really start to change.

My Take on the Book
This was a great book! I read the other book about Sleeping Beauty and at the end of that I said that i did not think that they could outdo what had been written in that book, but I was wrong. In this book the author does a great job at telling a new chapter in Rapunzel's life. I decided to read this with my daughter (who is 7) and she truly enjoyed it, asking me over and over about what was going to happen next.

Like in the first book that I read I found that the switching between two voices within the tale makes the story that much more real for the readers. The book was fresh, real and made even myself sit in wonder regarding what would happen next.

This book was an interactive, engaging book that will make you wonder as well as make you want to continue reading the book (It was hard to put down).

Overall, this was a great book that I would highly recommend to all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: